Press Brake Machine Retrofit FAQs
Why choose MTL Engineering for your CNC Machine Retrofitting?
We are exclusive UK distributors and operate a registered repair centre for DELEM CNC Control Solutions for sheet metal machines.Our team at MTL is made up of experienced CNC retrofit engineers. We offer a fast and efficient service across the UK. All work comes with a guarantee, so you have confidence that the work done will last. While CNC machine retrofitting can be expensive, our pricing structure is very competitive.
How can CNC Machine Retrofitting save money?
Here are some examples of ways that our CNC machine retrofitting service may help you save money:
- Upgrade your old or obsolete NC or CNC. If you have either a Delem EMA, DA21, DA22, DA23, DA42, DA58, Retrofit can upgrade it to any new DA series.
- Make your MBC, MB, Hurco 4, 5 or 5C into an angle-mode CNC with a tooling library by upgrading a Delem DA41.
- Promecam IT or RG with DBM alpha can be upgraded to a DA52.
- If your AMADA/Promecam ITP2, ITPS, HFB Tape Readers and Floppy Drives or CRT Monitor is faulty or not functioning correctly, then upgrade to a Delem DA65R with a CNC Retrofit.
- Edwards ME series with DA500 nc Y1 and Y2 can upgrade to a DA52 with options to add x and r axes.
- Promecam IT or RG with DBM alpha upgrades to a DA52.
- Machine relay hardware upgrades to a PLC system.
Can you rebuild a CNC machine?
At MTL, we are able to offer a CNC Rebuild to complement the CNC Retrofit, meaning your machine is just as good as a new one. This includes disassembling, assessing and rebuilding each component, resetting all mechanical bearings and seals, sanding or scraping worn surfaces, and replacing linear guides. Our CNC mechanics are highly trained and experienced in rebuilding and retrofitting CNC machines, press brakes and other mechanical tools.
Can my machine be retrofitted?
We assess machines thoroughly to identify areas where retrofit would be beneficial. Any machine can be considered for a control upgrade, and this alone can be a huge cost saving compared to replacing the machine. Many CNC operators opt for retrofitting the control solutions over buying a new machine as this is more efficient, less wasteful and cheaper overall, giving your business some financial breathing space. It is worth having your machine assessed for a CNC retrofit.
What does a CNC retrofit entail?
A ‘retrofit’ might range from replacing a single or dual-axis numerical control to a complete CNC package. Our experienced engineers can advise you exactly what you need and give you a quote to upgrade your machine.
Replacing your CNC machine can get you better functionality, user-friendliness and precision, but it is a big expense. All these benefits can be achieved with a CNC retrofit, saving you money. Do you want enhanced machine performance and productivity without the cost of a new machine tool? MTL’s CNC retrofit service may be the right option for you.
What is CNC Retrofitting?
CNC retrofitting is the process of replacing or adding newer, more advanced controls and electronics to an existing machine. Retrofitting can include a new upgraded controller, replacement of old parts and possibly a complete rewire, as well as other changes.